Luminate Education Group is a group of education providers in the Leeds City Region. It includes secondary schools, sixth form colleges, several further education colleges and a growing higher education provision.
It was renamed from Leeds City College Group in December 2018 to better reflect its growing portfolio of institutions. Its mission is to collectively transform the lives of all students and learners.
An education group is a parent company of different education providers. An education group provides its members with the support they need to achieve wider success.
Luminate Education Group and its members currently reside in the Leeds City Region, with locations in Leeds city centre, Harrogate and Keighley.
Luminate Education Group is headquartered at Park Lane Campus, Park Lane, Leeds, LS3 1AA.
Luminate Education Group currently includes six member organisations (information up to date: 2022). They are Leeds City College, Keighley College, Leeds Conservatoire, Harrogate College, University Centre Leeds, and Leeds Sixth Form College.
The members of Luminate Education Group are Leeds City College, Keighley College, Harrogate College, Leeds Sixth Form College (FE), Leeds Conservatoire, and University Centre Leeds (HE).
To register your interest in becoming a member of Luminate Education Group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Over 2,000 people are employed by Luminate Education Group.
Luminate Education Group was renamed from Leeds City College Group in December 2018, to better reflect its growing portfolio of institutions.
Luminate Education Group cares for over 30,000 students and apprentices in the Leeds City Region, across its six member organisations.
Investment in training and support for both new and experienced teachers will always be a priority for us. We are continuously developing the range of teacher training courses available within Luminate.
The Luminate Group training provision is designed to support all staff in every part of their career journey with us. It starts from day one with an in-depth induction programme, and follows through to skills development, professional qualifications, leadership, coaching and mentoring, job shadowing, Quality Teaching and Learning Assessment and industrial updating.
Luminate Education Group offers five core benefits to its members:
– Increased share of voice and influence to improve the prospects of students and communities. As a group we have the critical mass to make a positive difference to the economy of the city region
– Significant economies of scale through pooling resources and procuring more efficiently
– Collaborative working between members to proactively share ideas and best practice
– Extra support to achieve success – financial and pastoral – and strategic expertise
– Access to central shared services, including HR, finance, IT and estates
All members have access to Luminate Education Group’s central shared services, which includes ITSS, HR, Finance, Development & Strategic Growth, MIS and Estates.
At Luminate Education Group, we offer a wide range of job vacancies. Our size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always opportunities to progress. A career at Luminate Education Group means you are helping to transform the lives of young people through education.
Please visit our Careers page for current vacancies.
Staff are given a generous annual leave entitlement at Luminate Education Group, as well as flexible working terms, free confidential advice and support through an employee assistance programme, a health cash plan scheme which allows access to healthcare treatment and money to cover the bills (and covers up to four children), discounted gym membership, access to the cycle to work scheme, discounted Metro and Northern Rail travel cards, and membership cards for retailers including Costco and The Gourmet Society.
Professional development sits at the heart of Luminate Education Group’s priorities. We provide over 2,000 colleagues with tailor-made training, giving every employee the chance to develop their career in full. We put the spotlight on bespoke work needs, implement considerate work streams, and emphasise ongoing professional development to ensure our people feel cared for and valued.
The new Teacher Development Centre (TDC) is based in Leeds City College Park Lane campus, offering a hub of training and expertise where colleagues can come together to develop their craft. Anyone from across the group can access the facility. Click here to visit.
The Ofsted ratings of Luminate Education Group’s members are listed below.
– Leeds City College – Ofsted Good
– Leeds Sixth Form College – falls under Leeds City College’s Ofsted Good rating
– Keighley College – falls under Leeds City College’s Ofsted Good rating
– Harrogate College – falls under Leeds City College’s Ofsted Good rating
– University Centre Leeds – 80.6% of students rated the overall experience of their courses at UC Leeds positively in the 2021 National Student Survey (NSS), compared to the national average of 75%. There were also strong results for the University Centre in the main categories of Teaching (86%), Learning Opportunities (86.2%), Assessment and Feedback (82.8%) and Academic Support (82.8%).
– Leeds Conservatoire – Leeds Conservatoire is the largest multidisciplinary conservatoire in the UK, with the widest range of courses in music and performing arts. The conservatoire prides itself on being accessible. In 2019, it became the first UK conservatoire to remove audition fees for all courses.
At Luminate Education Group, we offer a wide range of job vacancies. Our size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress. You will be part of a positive, progressive and collaborative team, playing an important role in transforming young people’s lives through education.
Please visit our Careers page for current vacancies.